Night fairs, or night markets, sometimes are reflection of a city’s economy and local culture. The emerging night fairs indicate the general changes that have taken place in the city. Food culture, traditional customs, as well as life, all find their way to express themselves through night fairs.
Night fairs keep springing up in China, and their diversity make a great subject for photography. Thus we expect to see your work of Chinese night markets.
Organizer: Global Photography
How to Enter:
You can submit your works to the Contest after free registration at http://en.g-photography.net
Theme: Night fairs of China (Photos taken at the night markets in China are accepted).
Eligibility: The Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers, of all ages and nationalities.
Deadline: Dec. 28, 2017 (Beijing local time, or GMT+8)
Honors and Awards：
First Place 1 20,000RMB & E-certificate
Second Place 2 6,000RMB & E-certificate
Third Place 3 2,000RMB & E-certificate
Honorable Mentions 20 500RMB & E-certificate
Note: All the cash awards are before tax, and the organizer will withhold and remit tax. Winners will receive prizes at Global Photography headquarters in Tianjin, China. Fees generated by transportation and accommodation will be paid by entrants themselves. Those who fail to claim the prizes within the granted time are considered as waiving all rights.
1. Photos taken by cameras are accepted.
2. Both colored and black and white photos, taken at any time, are embraced (Photos shot in recent years are preferred).
3. Each series shall constitute 4 to 12 photos. Singles must be submitted with a brief caption within 100 words. As for series, apart from a general description within 200 words for each series (including time, place, subject, matter, etc.), each of the photos is supposed to be with a caption within 100 words.
4. Submitted photo(s) must be in JPG format, and of a maximum 1M in size. Height×width must be less than 12 megapixels. Authors of the accepted entries will be asked for original digital photos (preferably in RAW format) and digital documents after edit within the stipulated period for expert confirmation during judgment. Failure in submission will be deemed as waiving all rights.
5. Photo (s) submitted should not contain any mark, mounting, caption and so on. Global Photography reserves the right to remove any entry that is related to violence, eroticism, or religious objection.
6. Upon submission, entrants acknowledge and warrant that the submitted photo(s) is/are original works created solely by the entrants and that the photo(s) do(es) not infringe on the copyrights, portrait rights, rights of reputation and privacy of the third party. The entrants are deemed to agree on all rules upon submission. In case of disputes resulting from violating the above warrants, the entrants must undertake all liabilities.
7. Winning works in the previous Global Photography photo contests are not accepted.
8. If You have been announced as a winner of the Competition (in any category), You grant to Global Photography a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free license in each entry throughout the world in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and the Global Photography event and/or competition, including but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners, potential publication of a book featuring select entries in the Competition, publication in Global Photography materials and/or online highlighting entries or winners of the Competition, and promoting the work of Global Photography generally without any remuneration being due.
9. The organizer reserves the right of explaining this notice and the issues related to the Contest. Anyone who contributes his/her works will be deemed to have agreed on all stipulations specified in this notice and should obey them.
Free for any foreign entrants (who have no Chinese nationality). There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
1.Photo(s) accepted will be exhibited on http://en.g-photography.net for a 7-day publicity ( Beijing local time, or GMT+8) while a mailbox is set for real-name supervision.
2.After publicity, the organizer will contact the nominees and require a copy of the identity card in conformity with registration information as the only valid proof. The organizer reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the photographers’ photos from evaluation and awards as a result of failure in providing valid proof within granted time or submitting personal information consistent with the original information.
3.Global Photography staff, jury and their immediate family members are forbidden to submit photo(s). Upon discovery, they will be disqualified from selection, evaluation and awarding.
4. The organizer reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum judging criteria are received, as determined by judges in their sole discretion.
5.The organizer reserves the right of explaining this notice.